Sunday, June 24, 2012
it's sunday...i'm lazy
- Cute advice from Free People on how to create a summer atmosphere in your home. We've been buying a lot more plants lately, especially into hanging indoor plants in our alcove.
-Rookie interviewed my most favorite-ist favorite author Francesca Lia Block. As I've said before, I definitely feel like her books have shaped the way I view the world (especially Los Angeles) and the way I live my life. Discovering her books while I was in high school made a huge impact on me...and meeting her at the Weetzie Bat reading (2 years ago!!!???) was one of my favorite moments. The whole night felt like it was a story written by her.
-Also from a Rookie, a super cool California Dreamin' playlist from Rodarte. Duh, of course it's cool. It's Rodarte.
-Oh myyyy...Studded Hearts posted my holographic dream.
-I usually don't talk about stuff like this but please check out the Lily Sarah Grace Fund. The story is heart-wrenching, but creating positivity out of such a tragedy is commendable. I'm all for more art in school. As a child I loved to create art. Let's be honest..I sucked at sports which was what school focused on, but I loved to draw and I loved creating art. It was my thing. And it definitely helped me deal with whatever I was going through. It made me feel good, it helped my self-esteem. And I think more students need more art education.
-Who didn't love Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet? Wildfox's new lookbook does it justice. My favorites? The red Montague sweater, the Bel-Air sunglasses, and anything that's cloud-print!
-Also, another good lookbook? UNIF's Poison Ivy inspired one...who knew the 90's would have such an impact on me. I keep going back and forth on what i want from that collection...so good.
Once Jason is done editing (which is kinda never ending)...I want to go on a date day. I made a list of ideas and here we go...
1. Pack our picnic basket and have lunch at the Rose Garden, then head over to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs and the butterflies and I don't know because I've never been!
2. Walk Leon down to the Silverlake Farmer's Market on a Saturday and then stop at Heywood Gourmet Grilled Cheese Shoppe. I am VERY excited to try it out.
3. Do the whole PCH thing and drive up to Malibu, stop at Paradise Cove (never been there either. what the hell?) then maybe take Topanga back home hopefully hitting up Hidden Treasures and, just maybe, grab a margarita across the street at Abuelitas.
4. See Moonrise Kingdom and drink pink champagne in theatre (shhhh. we're dangerous)
5. Visit MOCA and check out The Painting Factory. The head to Bottega Louis and get a bunch of macaroons!!! And then, who knows, we'll see where the day takes us.